The Ideal Veda Teacher
This award is given to a teacher of the Vedas who has demonstrated dedication and commitment to the teaching of the Vedas.
The award comprises a certificate, medal and a cash sum of ₹ 5,00,000.
To qualify for this award you must meet all of the following:
- Currently be a teacher in a qualifying Veda school or be a kumaradhyapaka / single teacher and maintain your own gurukula
- Be dedicated solely to the teaching and propagation of the Vedas
- Have passed the minimum qualifications of Level – 2 (see Table)
- Have been in continuous and full-time teaching of the Vedas for at least ten years
- If teaching in a qualifying school, must have at least five students; if in a single teacher gurukula / kumaradhyapaka have at least three students
- Not have won the Bharatatma Ideal Teacher Award in the past
The last date for receipt of applications at the offices of Singhal Foundation is 10th July 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered for the 2018 award.
Application forms for each of the three categories can be downloaded from our website www.bharatatmapursakr.org. They can also be obtained by sending SMS with your full address to +91 98292 42746 and forms will be sent by post.
Please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence / certificates / mark sheets etc. needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.
You may fill he application form either by hand or using MS Word©. If you are submitting your application electronically, please only submit .pdf files and not .doc or .docx.
Completed application forms should be sent
By post or courier to Singhal Foundation, C/o Secure Meters Ltd, Pratapnagar Industrial Area, Udaipur 313003; or
You can also scan all the documents (.pdf files) and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process
Singhal Foundation runs a high quality and impartial process for the selection of the winners in each category. The decision of the winners will be made in two stages. At the first stage a committee of Vedic experts will review all application forms received (on an anonymous basis for teachers and students) to produce a short list of possible winning candidates. This short listing will based on the information provided the applicants on the application forms. Therefore, filling out the application forms completely and correctly is critical. The shortlist of candidates will then be considered by a Jury comprising eminent experts in all the Vedas. The Jury will visit the short-listed schools and meet the short-listed teachers and candidates before making their final decision on the winners.
Qualifying teachers will be evaluated on the excellence of their own education and of their students on following basis:
- Academic qualifications and excellence beyond Level – 2 such as qualifications in Shadanga, Bhashya, Lakshana etc. in Swashakha, or study other shakhas or rare Vedic knowledge
- Academic excellence achieved by your past and present students
- Excellence of students that have continued Vedic study beyond basic qualifications
- Number of students motivated to take up full time teaching
- Conduct of your life as per Vedic practices
When applying for the award, please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.