Excellence by a student
This award will be given to a student who has demonstrated excellence in his study of the Vedas.
The award comprises a certificate, medal and a cash sum of ₹ 3,00,000.
To qualify for this award you must meet all of the following:
- Be a full time student, in the Vedic tradition, of a qualifying Veda pathshala or individual guru at present
- Have a clear and traceable record of study of the Vedas from moolant to your current levels of Vedic qualification
- Have passed the following minimum qualifications of Level – 1 (see table)
- If you have qualifications up to Level – 2, you must be less than 20 years of age as on 1st August 2018. This age limit can be extended up to 25 years for Vedic education beyond Level – 2
- Have not won the Bharatatma Excellent Student Award before
The last date for receipt of applications at the offices of Singhal Foundation is 10th July 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered for the 2018 award.
Application forms for each of the three categories can be downloaded from our website www.bharatatmapursakr.org. They can also be obtained by sending SMS with your full address to +91 98292 42746 and forms will be sent by post.
Please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence / certificates / mark sheets etc. needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.
You may fill he application form either by hand or using MS Word©. If you are submitting your application electronically, please only submit .pdf files and not .doc or .docx.
Completed application forms should be sent
By post or courier to Singhal Foundation, C/o Secure Meters Ltd, Pratapnagar Industrial Area, Udaipur 313003; or
You can also scan all the documents (.pdf files) and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process
Singhal Foundation runs a high quality and impartial process for the selection of the winners in each category. The decision of the winners will be made in two stages. At the first stage a committee of Vedic experts will review all application forms received (on an anonymous basis for teachers and students) to produce a short list of possible winning candidates. This short listing will based on the information provided the applicants on the application forms. Therefore, filling out the application forms completely and correctly is critical. The shortlist of candidates will then be considered by a Jury comprising eminent experts in all the Vedas. The Jury will visit the short-listed schools and meet the short-listed teachers and candidates before making their final decision on the winners.
Qualifying students will be evaluated for excellence in Vedic study on the following basis:
- Excellence in study as evidenced by the academic achievements at various levels of Vedic education
- Continuity in Vedic education
- Fluency in the traditional recitation of the studied Veda
- Conduct of life as per traditional Vedic practices
- Study of Vedas other than Swashakha or other Vedic texts
When applying for the award, please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.