The best school
This award is given to a school of the Vedas that has contributed most for learning of the Vedas.
The award comprises a certificate, and a cash sum of ₹ 7,00,000.
To qualify for this award a school must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Schools funded by central or state governments or charitable trusts or temple trusts or gurukulas personally funded by a single teacher
- Be dedicated to the teaching of the Vedas in the shruti tradition
- Are and have been in continuous operation for a period of at least 20 years
- If in a school funded by government or trusts, must have at least one teacher and five students; if in a single teacher gurukula / kumaradhyapak have at least three students
- Not have won the Bharatatma Teachers Award in the past ten years
The last date for receipt of applications at the offices of Singhal Foundation is 10th July 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered for the 2018 award.
Application forms for each of the three categories can be downloaded from our website www.bharatatmapursakr.org. They can also be obtained by sending SMS with your full address to +91 98292 42746 and forms will be sent by post.
Please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence / certificates / mark sheets etc. needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.
You may fill he application form either by hand or using MS Word©. If you are submitting your application electronically, please only submit .pdf files and not .doc or .docx.
Completed application forms should be sent
By post or courier to Singhal Foundation, C/o Secure Meters Ltd, Pratapnagar Industrial Area, Udaipur 313003; or
You can also scan all the documents (.pdf files) and send by email to email@example.com
The selection process
Singhal Foundation runs a high quality and impartial process for the selection of the winners in each category. The decision of the winners will be made in two stages. At the first stage a committee of Vedic experts will review all application forms received (on an anonymous basis for teachers and students) to produce a short list of possible winning candidates. This short listing will based on the information provided the applicants on the application forms. Therefore, filling out the application forms completely and correctly is critical. The shortlist of candidates will then be considered by a Jury comprising eminent experts in all the Vedas. The Jury will visit the short-listed schools and meet the short-listed teachers and candidates before making their final decision on the winners.
Qualifying schools will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Academic excellence achieved by students of the school
- Qualifications and experience of Veda teachers in the school
- Depth of Vedic education (moolant to lakshan / bhashya etc.) imparted
- Number and quality of teachers produced by the school
- Width (more than one Veda) and depth (advanced or rare Vedic texts) of study imparted
When applying for the award, please make sure that you provide all the documentary evidence needed to establish that you meet the qualifying criteria.